Commvault is seeking a talented Patent Counsel experienced in software patent portfolio generation, as well as advising legal and business teams, to join our dynamic and expanding legal department.
The IP group is based at Commvault’s headquarters in Tinton Falls, NJ, however, working remotely is possible for qualified candidates. This is a full-time, permanent position.
How you will make an impact:
- Work closely with internal teams to identify new inventions
- Manage a significant personal docket to prepare and prosecute high-quality patent applications protecting Commvault’s products and services worldwide
- Closely supervise and collaborate with outside counsel responsible for aspects of Commvault’s patent portfolio, including attorneys and support staff
- Provide infringement, validity, and freedom to operate opinions based on prior art search results and other analysis
- Identify strategic business value and market dynamics associated with various technologies and competing products
- Advise internal stakeholders at various levels regarding IP issues
- Assist with protecting Commvault’s trademark assets
- Provide IP support as a member of cross-functional legal teams in licensing, litigation, and other matters
What you need to be ready:
- Partner-track or equivalent in-house attorney with 4+ years of patent prosecution experience at a large law firm or major corporation
- Registered to practice before the USPTO
- BS and/or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience in the software field
- JD from a top-tier ABA-approved law school
- Proven track record of extensive successful software patent prosecution, particularly regarding computer architectures, data networking, and data storage
- Patent prosecution experience in non-US jurisdictions
- Trademark prosecution experience preferred.
- Prior non-legal work experience in software development, computer system design, and/or data networking is a plus
- Superior academic credentials
- Exceptional professionalism, communication, personal integrity, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with clients in team-oriented partnerships to achieve outstanding results
- Flexibility to accept diverse challenges in a fast-paced high-tech environment.
- Proactive and self-sufficient practice management skills, including strong productivity combined with high-quality output
- Excellent attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities
- A positive attitude, a dynamic personality, and a creative spirit
Interested Candidates are asked to Apply Online with their resume.
Please mention you found the position on the IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™ Job Board.
Commvault was formed in 1988 as a development group within Bell Labs and later designated as a strategic business unit of AT&T Network Systems. In 1996, it was incorporated as an independent company. In the 20 years since, we’ve experienced tremendous growth, pioneered numerous industry-shaping innovations, and established ourselves as a respected leader in data and information management.